Cala denies racism accusations

The Cadiz vs Valencia match in La Liga this weekend was marred by an alleged racist verbal attack on defender Mouctar Diakhaby. The man accused was defender Juan Cala of Cadiz.

The Valencia players have walked off the pitch at the Carranza 🦇

Mouctar Diakhaby was visibly angry after an altercation with Cadiz’s Juan Cala, and ultimately left the pitch with his teammates following behind him pic.twitter.com/3XKvm5Y9dc

— Premier Sports 📺 (@PremierSportsTV) April 4, 2021

Diakhaby released a video on his social media pages which alleged he had been called, “Negro de Mierda” which translates to, ‘Black s**t.’

” Negro de Mierda ” pic.twitter.com/FcuT3PNwpy

— Mouctar Diakhaby (@Diakhaby_5) April 6, 2021

 

“I never called him a black s**t.” “It’s false what Diakhaby says. If it’s proven, I’ll quit football, I’ve been suffering a public lynching in the past few days,” said Cala.

“There are 2 victims, 1 who is the accused and the other who considers himself a victim. What happened was a circus. I’m in shock. I’ve played in 4 different leagues over 12 years, I’ve played with Asians and Africans, I don’t have to prove I’m not what they say.”

“There is no racism in Spanish football and all of this is damaging it. I’ve received over 600 messages of support. All the Asian and African players I’ve played with have called me. If anyone can accuse me of being a racist, come out and say it.”

“There is no racism in Spanish football and all of this is damaging it.”

“I’ve received over 600 messages of support. All the Asian and African players I’ve played with have called me. If anyone can accuse me of being a racist, come out and say it.”#LLL
🧡🇪🇸⚽️ pic.twitter.com/0dFAALqpdc

— La Liga Lowdown 🧡🇪🇸⚽️ (@LaLigaLowdown) April 6, 2021

La Liga are currently investigating the incident.

“We don’t believe you”

Valencia have responded to the press conference held by Cala, the club have released their own statement in which they simply reply, ‘Juan Cala, we don’t believe you’ with further explanation as to their stance and defence of Diakhaby.

The statement read:

‘Valencia CF are deeply saddened by statements made by Cádiz CF player Juan Cala this Tuesday, in which 48 hours later, he denied racially insulting Mouctar Diakhaby during the LaLiga match played last Sunday at the Ramón de Carranza.

‘Cala has missed a great opportunity to accept his mistake and apologise to the player affected. Instead of doing this, he attacked both Diakhaby and other members of Valencia CF.

‘Valencia CF wish to reiterate that we believe our player and back him completely. After the threats made by Cala in his press conference this Tuesday, April 6th, the Club, president Anil Murthy and Mouctar Diakhaby himself remain firm in the conviction to fight to the end, wherever necessary, on the matter for the good of football and society. Valencia CF will not stop fighting for an improvement in protocol and in the battle against racism in football.’

OFFICIAL STATEMENT |
JUAN CALA, WE DON’T BELIEVE YOU #YoCreoAMouctarDiakhaby

— Valencia CF 🦇🍊🌊 (@valenciacf_en) April 6, 2021

Cadiz’s Juan Cala to hold press conference on Tuesday after racism accusations towards Valencia’s Mouctar Diakhaby

Valencia condemn racism, as Cadiz clash halted and restarted without Mouctar Diakhaby

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here